Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Learning from FYP..

Yup.. me, AC & SW is already learning from our FYP... What have we learned?? We learned that all 3 of us have not fully utilize the library for the past 3 years+ we've been here - all of us have never ever borrowed a book from the library.. & worse... we do not know how to find for the book we want on the shelves.. *runs & hides*.. So basically... today we learned how to find book at the shelves... ahhahaha....

Today, after I came back from my classes, while I was in my house.. I heard an interesting conversation.. Mind you, I wasn't eavesdropping.. Anyway, I overheard a lady telling an international student... "You are from *** (country name censored) right?... that's why only RM1200 (for the rental of a whole house I guess). If you are local, it would be RM7000." YES.. it's RM7000.. a 7 with 3 zeros.. At first, I thought I heard it wrongly, but then she kind of repeated that sentence another 2 times, so I am sure she said RM7000. My guess is either she was trying to cheat the international student into renting the house "cheaply" compared to locals, or it could be that she really meant RM700, but had translated wrongly when she said it in English to that guy.

It's raining as I am writing, or rather I am typing this.. it'll be a nice night to sleep!! Good night people..

0 Thoughts:

Post a Comment

<< Home