Sunday, November 20, 2005

The "JOY" of being attacked by viruses...

I thought I could spend my weekend catching up with my reading (of my FYP notes).. but I didn't get to any of it. On Friday, mainly because I was lazy, I just played around, surfing 'net & continue composing my Canon.. Then stupid me tried to find for the crack for the program I was using to create the song. So what happened? Got attacked by like tons of viruses.. Mainly Trojan. Nortan (Antivirus) keep popping up messages.. Bahhh.. I was like damnnn... & I quickly disconnected my computer from the network. & then I thought it was going fine since Nortan deleted most of the files & quarantined the remaining. How wrong was I..

After supper yesterday, I came home to find Nortan stopping e-mails going out to unknown.. there were like tons of pop-up messages from Nortan. Again, I quickly disconnect my comp from the network. Afraid something might go wrong, I then starting backing-up some (more important) files. Later, I went back online.. No problemo.. But an hour later, the same problem struck again!! Grrr... *curse curse*

Exhausted, I turned off my comp & went to bed. Somehow, I can't fall asleep so I decided to get up & back up all the stuff in my D drive (the infected drive). To my horror, I can't "enter" my WinXP. I was stuck somewhere before the login screen for ages. Thank god I had another OS (Win 2000) for my C drive, else I would've probably loose all my stuff. But then, I felt really annoyed that I couldn't view any of most wanted files/documents in the other drive. sJ recommended I enter to my WinXP in safe mode & with that, I managed to move all my wanted stuff to C drive.. ...blablabla...

Today, the whole Sunday, was spent on formatting my D drive & reinstalling WinXP & my other programs (haiya.. so many!! *sobs*). Until now, I am not totally done with it. *sigh* I hate learning lessons through my mistakes..

0 Thoughts:

Post a Comment

<< Home