Thursday, September 01, 2005

What's not to like?

Yesterday was National Day - to us (me & my friends) who are doing industrial training, it was a long awaited holiday. I met up with 2 of my friends, SW & AC at AC's place for a chat & FYP (Final Year Project) discussion at around 11.15am. Before 12pm we were done with the discussion & even gossip a little.

AC said she needed some new shirts & was talking bout going out to shop. Me? Hehee.. I had been wanting to go out for quite a long time. I haven't been going shopping for nearly month I think. At the spur of the moment, we talked about going out shopping - either Jusco (JJ) or Mahkota (MP). SW said she can't go as she had appointment/dated her other friends. So it was just me & AC. We decided to go to MP. We boarded a bus at around 12+pm. It was my first time going on a shopping trip on the bus. Gawd, the bus stopped nearly everywhere!! It took an hour to reach Central (Malacca bus station). After waiting a couple of minutes, we manage to board a bus to MP & reached 5 minutes before 2pm.

The first thing we did was to have lunch. So what's for lunch?? Baskin Robbin's sounds gooddddd... yummy.. delicious.. Yeah.. it probably leaves me with an ecstatic feeling. So we headed for the counter which were already like umm.. crowded with people. Why?? Because yesterday was not just National Day, it was also the 31st.. & every 31st, Baskin Robbin offers a 31% discount for it's Handpacked ice-cream. I remember how I used to have loads of Baskin Robbins when I was a kid but let's not get side-tracked with that (maybe some other time).

So we were in the so-called queue where AC kept calling for the waitress to serve us for like half an hour with two group of kiasu people (with annoying kids) jumping queue before she got really annoyed & then we left.. But when we turned around & saw nobody at the paying counter, we approached the girl there & she served us. Finally we got some of the delirious, yummy ice-cream. We each ordered the smallest Handpacked ice-cream (which weighs about 350grams wor..)each. It cost around RM15 each after discount. Boy, did that entertained us for some time. It took so long for us to finish it. I made a mistake by ordering both (we are allowed to choose 2 flavors) chocolate-y flavor. Sinful yummies. The last few spoonfuls were kind of torturing me but since I manage to finish them all. Not good to waste such delicious ice-cream.


After ice-cream, it was shopping time for us. I managed to buy myself a halter top that I have been looking for for quite sometime. It was quite a bargain at RM13.90 for a Abercrombie & Fitch top. Pretty sure it's original.
AC tried on this cute light green layered top which she looked really cute in but she didn't buy it because she didn't like the color that much. Also managed to get a BUM shirt for sJ & AC bought 1 too for ah kor (my god-brother, Danny). I tried to get the Nike wrist band (for myself & another for my bro), but they were all out. Geezz. Anyway, bought myself the Seventeen magazine in MPH, with a Hot Pink (as they claim) Celebrate Life band. I had wanted a Blue or Yellow band but they only had Pink. After buying that, when we were about to leave only did we notice there was a magazine store around the corner that had Seventeen which came with either Green or Yellow band.. & that annoyed me for awhile. Then we bought some breads from BreadStory before leaving. We waited for bout 10 minutes before a bus finally arrives & take us to Central, where we boarded another bus back.

Hmmm... Nope.. The girl who wanted to buy some shirts for herself didn't manage to get herself any shirt(s). Anyway, I pretty much enjoyed this trip - which was a first time for me to go out on a bus. I think I boarded more buses yesterday (four in total) than I had in the past year (Yeah.. I get to sit in cars to travel home
). Even though it was quite hot (& I came back sweaty & probably stinky ), I think for a first-timer, I was quite lucky to manage to get seats on all the rides, to & fro. Thanks to darling friend, AC for the company.

What's not to like?? Ice-cream? Gooood... Halter top?? Nice.... Goodies? Love 'em... Trip?? Funnn... Time spent with best friend? Priceless... hAHhaha... I am going crazy...



Today felt so lazy to really do any work... Hhahaha... But I don't know why is there so many customers (again!)... Plus there was one uncle whom I think is really embarassing himself & his daughter. He came in with his daughter & a probematic computer. While Cheng whisk it off to check, the daughter (quietly & politely) told her dad that she have got class at 8pm. The father in reply said It's only 6pm+ la.. plenty of time... blablabla.. (You get the idea la..). Then she replied that she needed to bath first (again, quietly & politely). & then I don't know what got into the father who then started scolding her. Pity her! Got lectured by her dad in public.. totel public humiliation. It is worse that the dad would scold for sometime & then look at my Malay colleague (who probably does not understand half of what he's crapping) & laugh at his daughter's faults. So there goes my day.. Now I'm waiting for Saturday night to arrive (cause Sunday no need to work ma). God.. help me through my last month there..

0 Thoughts:

Post a Comment

<< Home