Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Sept 13th, Tues - danger of Ctrl+C

Was just about to blog.. & then this came by my Yahoo Messenger... Well..

Dear friends ,

We do copy various data by Ctrl+c for pasting elsewhere. This copied data is stored in clipboard and is accessible from the net by a combination of Java scripts and ASP. Do not keep sensitive data (like credit card numbers, bank login/ passwords, PIN, date of births, etc.) in the clipboard while surfing the web. Instead make a practice of typing them always.

It is extremely easy to extract the text stored in the clipboard to steal your
sensitive information. Just try this:
1) Copy any text by Ctrl+c
2) Now, click the
Link
3) You will see the SAME text you copied is accessed by this web page


Hmmm... be warned people..

Anyway, my day was pretty boring. I was trying so hard to finish up the sub-module I was working on, but couldn't. Having a little problem with it & having customers with bad timings didn't help. Why.. oh why.. do customers like to come when I am busy thinking... when I am busy concentrating.. *sigh*

0 Thoughts:

Post a Comment

<< Home