Thursday, September 15, 2005

Sept 15th, Thurs - While I was bathing...

... the mosquitoes were enjoying they're dinner - me! Damn bloody sucker creatures... Leaving me with the itch. I don't mind them feasting of my blood but couldn't "they" not leave a little present (the itch) for me? Okay... enough of mosquitoes.

Today was quite a Victory with a capital V.. Why? I was trying to do these links.. it's really a "blah" to explain, but they're not your everyday ordinary link. =P So anyway, I was quite frustrated trying it out that I decided to get some help. First on my thoughts was my sister but since she's working in this company that doesn't allow messengers & so, she was out. Next person I thought of was Jerie, my coursemate, classmate & project-mate of many times, who had also helped me out when I first started PHP-ing. But he was not online! Arghh.. Frustration made me glanced at my contacts in my YM (actually YM is kind of "banned" in my office, but I installed it right after my supervisor uninstall it; without permission, but he didn't really bother about it. I guess he was alright with me using it so long so I do my work) & I came across Ray. It was difficult getting his help.. Let's just say he was kind of busy & whatever coding I asked him (to verify if it's correct), he said it IS correct (only a chat with Jerie later did I discovered it IS not!) & he gave me the wrong "GET" code as well..

After that, I did not disturbed him anymore. My supervisor then came back & I asked him if he knew how to do it. You know what he told me? He said that can't do.. then he said that is the flaw of PHP; being unable to do that. I insisted can & he insisted no.. I then showed him the code (from "view source") of neXus-boards; just to show him that PHP CAN do that. So he was like "if you manage to do that already, then tell me, I want the codes too" & I was like whatever. It was already 6pm+ then.

While cramming my brains thinking about it, another round of check on the YM sees that Jerie is then online, so I turned to him for help. He corrected my codes & I tested them.. but somehow, it is STILL not displaying the expected results. It was 5 minutes before 7pm that I manage to solve the problem. 2 damn " ' " was the source of my problem. Hahaha.. & that, is my Victory. ms 1, supervisor 0 =P Hehheheheh... If you ever read this Cheng, don't get mad at me :p

For dinner, we (sJ & I) went a little crazy. He asked me where to go for dinner & I jokingly said US Pizza (after looking at some sort of phamplet) & he took it quite seriously! So we walked like oh-so-far there & had a really expensive dinner. RM40+. That is more than 80% of
what I had in Sushi King last Saturday, which was only RM50.few cents.. Hmphh..

Tomorrow will be another cramming head day as I try to finish up all my portion of work. After that, I would need to try to add another good feature or two.. else
I'll be dead. Have to start on the final report soon as the last-days-of-training dates are drawing closer.

2 Thoughts:

Post a Comment

<< Home