Wednesday, June 15, 2005

June 15th, Wed - hardware day

I didn't do anything on my project today..

This morning, I took a long way to go to work... I left home at around 9.30 am & head straight for campus to collect my exam slip. After that I went straight for work.. Stopping by shortly at a minimart along the way to pick up a pack of Soya Bean as breakfast. Thank god it wasn't a hot, sunny day. Kinda breezy but I still end up a perspiring when I reach workplace.

When I arrived at work, I noticed that the computer that I'm suppose to use is still as it was yesterday - the casing open & there were like 2 hard disks.. I don't know if they (Kenny & Cheng) are still doing something with it, so I didn't touch it first.. Later Thomas arrive & turn it on but couldn't get into windows as the mouse hang while only some buttons work on the keyboard. Later on, Cheng arrive & tried to turn on the comp but faced the same problem.. He went banging away on the keyboard... went to the back (storeroom) several times to get some other (old) mouse & keyboard to try on but was still unsuccessful. After banging for some time, he called Kenny & was practically screaming at him for infecting virus into his comp. (Yesterday evening's story: Kenny was transferring data from a customer's hard disc (upon request to keep his data & format his comp) to Cheng's comp (which was acting as a backup) & that was how the virus came about wor..). The customer request is weird.. He had tons of wanted data.. Hey, if its so important perhaps you would think of burning it into CDR or DVDR right?? Plus if you know your comp has virus in it, won't it most probably be from your files? Why would you want to backup & then format & then restore (correct term or not?) the files? Don't format better la.. =P Conclusion: Kenny managed to fix the Cheng's comp problem by around 2.30pm. Thomas worked on his project then..

They were quite a number of customers today.. I help to entertain some of them for a couple of seconds.. hahaha... Today, I cut about 4 sets of LAN cables. I also learn the basic of fixing up a new computer, hardware part... Only it was cut short after fixing the Floppy drive in as there wasn't any of the other needed parts.

After work, went to Jusco to have dinner & to buy some stuff. Dinner was at Windmill. I had something on the menu called Gordan Blue. It was like normal chicken chop kinda thing, only it had cheese, ham & pineapple on it too.. Something different from normal.. It taste really nice =)

0 Thoughts:

Post a Comment

<< Home